Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Slaton's Last Words for His Pappa

He wanted to give a beautiful speech for Pappa...and that he did. His Pappa would have been proud.

I don't remember his exact words but I remember his determination to say his few words. I remember how he realized that he would be wearing his suit that he had bought with his birthday money from Pappa and he responded that God knew then what he would need.
I love his faith that already has seen more adversary and death in his young years than most of us do in a lifetime and he doesn't waver ever in the love that He knows His Father bestows on his life. May it continue to grow greatly and not be tarnished by this world but rather strengthened in boldness.

I was asked last night if I have more patience raising Slate than I did Devon and Tae. I responded that I have more wisdom and I do. After walking through the sudden death of Tae, my instincts were confirmed. Its not about material possessions, talents or riches. It's about having a relationship with the Almighty and whatever as a parent that I can do to foster that, to model that, to live that...so that they might know. Sometimes that simply comes by living life together and other times it comes from heartfelt prayers on our knees. That's our purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment