Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Healings

Healings......

Have I asked God to heal my father and have I asked Him with the boldness that comes from the expectation that it will be fulfilled?

Or do I walk timidly asking Him for only what I know He can deliver?

For the past several weeks prior to dad's diagnosis, I had been overwhelmed with a thirst for His word. Finding myself reading scripture outside of my typical reading pattern and patiently letting myself soak in His word...trying to put myself into the settings of those who wrote the Scriptures as they experienced life while being taught by the Great I Am.

Initially, it seems that would just amazing, yes? To be disciples by the author of our faith, but what about life that happened around the discipleship? What about day to day living? We don't have a journal account of it all. We have the highlights and important parts but what about the emotions, the struggles, the tears and laughter. What about the feeling in he stomach when Truth really, really broke through????

And that is where I want to live. There. In that place. The place where Truth is most evident. Do I think God can heal my Father? Absolutely. Will I beg Him for it? No, probably not. I will implore of Him that His will be done...not mine. I don't know what that outcome looks like but I do know that His outcome holds the plans for my father to prosper him and not harm him, plans to love him and protect him....for eternity. My earthly plans for my dad would be simply that he would never leave us...ever. And what kind of plan is that other than a selfish one. I will choose to rejoice in His call, His decision, His wisdom.

Sometimes maybe the balance becomes where the prosperity is less in this world and harm is more and then we are blessed beyond our biggest imaginations.

Does it bother me when others pray for his healing? Not at all. Please pray for my father. Pray for all that are sick and ill. Pray with the expectation that they will be healed....in His timing....in His place....ether in this world or beyond. Don't become disillusioned or saddened when prayer of healing doesn't seem to be answered. It doesn't mean you weren't praying enough , strong enough or loud enough. It simply means that God answered in a way that was better than your desires.

Hands opened wide....this is all His. And we are okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment