Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 7

I am always amazed at God's attention to the details in our life...and not just the details but the details our mere thoughts that we've barely spoken much less uttered out loud.

This morning at the Global Leadership Conference, Bill Hybels spoke about his experience in the death of his father. He spoke of how he questioned being able to lead the charge that he'd been given without the earthly precense of the one who believed in him most of all....his father.

My daddy, too, is my greatest supporter. The one who always sees in me what sometimes I fail to see. The one who encourages me to follow the calling even at such a cost to him. The one I know will always be there no matter the reason or time or place. My dad's journey will end and along with it will end my having an earthly presence of my parents.

God confirmed to me this morning something He's been saying all along.... He is the father to the fatherless. As much as my daddy loves me and supports me, God does even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment