Tuesday, August 18, 2015

July 28

I have learned when emotions run rampant and tend to cross in all directions then I should be still and just be.,...hard for me, but necessary.

This is hard.

See, I think I thought that I was somewhat prepared for this journey because of walking this almost identical path with my mom and then having already faced what very well could be one of my darkest days on this earth when Tae died. Having experienced God's faithfulness during each of these times, I was resting relatively easy knowing of His provisions to come. I've walked this journey with some of the ladies at the cancer shelter in Nicaragua. We've discussed heaven anticipating the end.

And I wasn't wrong to anticipate His faithfulness and His provisions...

Where I went wrong was unknowingly trying to anticipate the lies and deception of Satan. Our is God is constant...a firm foundation. He doesn't change. Satan, however, does. He intends to seek and destroy using whatever measures at hand. While this path may be similar it isn't the same nor will the next one be, however, God is and in that and only that can we rest easy.... not relatively easy but easy.

God will be glorified in this. This isn't about death nor the struggle to live but about in Whom we trust. This is a daily battle of choosing to walk close to Him so that when our end here comes we know His voice and it calms us. This is a choice about choosing to live our faith as a marathon instead of a series of sprints.

Our days on this earth are few...some shorter than others. And some may appear shorter than others but only He knows our when out last breath on this earth will be. Those days can be used to be lived to their fullest for His glory or they can simply be endured. They can be used to accumulate wealth for this earth or for the riches in heaven.

Our choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment