Tuesday, August 18, 2015

July 22... Faith

How do we really know that when we take that last breath on this earth, our next moment is spent in His presence?

Faith.

Not blind faith but simply faith that has the assurance of being backed by the Great I Am. Faith that can be backed by Scripture and numerous personal accounts. Faith that initially starts as a small seed of faith but as it is watered and cultivated grows to become more than what the world might describe as wishful thinking but into the foundation of who we are.

I don't have to boat out to the horizon at the ocean to know that there is water on the other side nor do I have to analyze oxygen to know it is there for me to breathe. I know. Just as I know who my Creator is. As we live in this world, we are challenged. Our child-like faith takes many a beating....for some of us it seems to almost die. But He walks with us every step of the way encouraging and revealing as we are ready.

I've been asked if I personally have doubts? Not at all. I turned my life over to Christ late in life. I had spent probably close to fifteen years trying to disprove Him and those who followed Him. A born debater, it seems, I could spot a weakened link and pounce. I totally relate to Paul and his testimony. Until the day that I knew... I knew. It seemed ad if God opened my eyes as I was writing the date on a check and I knew that everything that I had been disputing was true.
And I knew then that there was no going back. I knew and by knowing I had a choice to follow Him or to be like the demons and know Him to be real yet turn my back.

We can poke holes all day in the reality of faith. We can. But it doesn't change the Truth. The choice to believe and follow is ours. No one else's.

Do I believe Tae is in heaven? Absolutely. She was ushered in as she left this world.

Either we believe or we don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment