Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 12, 2014 "The Box"

1 Peter 5:5
Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

I've never liked boxes.... I am actually quite a rule follower (hard to believe for some I know:)) but boxes for people... I've never fit.

Ever.

I've tried...and failed miserably.... Frankly, before I turned my life over to Christ, I saw Christianity as being the biggest box ever. This is how you sit. This is how you talk. This is where you sit. Rules and regulations that I so did not fit into....I tried, I tried, I tried....and failed. Don't hear me wrong, this is not how it is everywhere or with all Christians but I think satan uses what of this is there and highlights it for those that are seeking....and even as a Christian seeking to find acceptance in church and its people instead of God... he uses it to show us the "box".... satan uses it to detour us from real faith.

Some of us run from "the box" refusing to be put in a box...while others find safety in "the box"...either way, it pulls us from God...

And then I saw God for who He truly is....Christ came and gave us an example to follow...and He didn't follow a "box", He showed us how to live by living according to the Father...humbly. Not prideful, not entitled, but humbly. He showed me that it was okay to choose to blend in a world so much different than my own...to reach into the darkness following His light and the beat of my own drum.

Today, for those feeling squished into a box...look full into God's grace...you will find love there, grace and your creator that will see you as one of His greatest creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment