Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August 30, 2014 satan's lies.....

I remember vividly the night that Tae died.... I remember hearing among many things satan's lies trying to weave their way into my heart and mind... Trying to distract me, discourage me....kick us while we were down. I remember thinking that night that I would never laugh again, that there would be no more joy in this world, that I should find the closest corner, curl up and never come out.....and with each of those thoughts, I'd go to God's word....sometimes I couldn't see through the tears so I would just hold His word knowing that the Holy Spirit would intercede for me.... I write this tonight to encourage anyone walking a journey that is difficult to turn to God's word....first. Not as last resort but first. It is the only constant in an ever changing world with the power to cause satan to flee... Stills the noise and calms.....
I remember when Jesus was in the storm on the boat with his disciples.....He was sleeping and they thought they would surely die in that storm....a storm that He didn't seem to care about.... And He calmed the storm with His hands to calm His disciples but all the while saying .... Don't you guys get it? I think that was us.... He has this storm....and has been faithful again and again.
With each lie from satan, God reaffirmed Truth....and we have laughed, experienced unspeakable joy, experienced ministry deeper than we would have ever imagined and have seen His greatness throughout.
Like

No comments:

Post a Comment