Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August 29, 2014 1 Peter 4:7 The End.

1 Peter 4: 7

The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.

I have to be completely honest...every since Taellor's departure from this earth, her death, her passing...whatever label we want to put on it....I have had to resist putting a sign around my neck that reads "The end is near."

I know there is a fine line between being passionate and being labeled so crazy that no one will listen.....but, listen, listen with not just your ears but your very soul....the end is near. Whether our end comes by the return of Christ or by our personal end here.....it is near. Be prepared, be ready, always.

What controls your mind today? What do you think about? God? The kingdom? Where does that fit in your thoughts? How much time today will you spend in your Bible...reading His words? The end is near, dear friend....it is.

I have been asked by several people....How do I experience God? I feel Him on the mission field...but not in my own life. He isn't doing anything. Abraham waited a long time for his promised son.....a long time. God was working that whole time...the whole time in his life...preparing him to be the father of that son...preparing his character. We tend to look upon our lives and note only the places that we see action....but character is built in the journey...in the quiet disciplines...in the moments when satan will whisper to us that our God is not even there.....

How do we respond? Do we give into the doubts...or do we push them aside and forge on knowing that God is working....always. But we have to do our part...we have to say...No matter what.....I will choose to follow Him, I will be obedient, no matter what...always...even in the quiet.

It's coming.......be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment