Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August 28, 2014 1 Peter 4:6 Walk in Boldness....With Love

1 Peter 4:6

For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judge according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

There are so many questions, right? What about those who died before Christ? What about those who never hear? What about.......? This verse tells us that even those who died before Christ...will know. Even them. God's word is true....if we believe...we believe all or not all....yes?

I had an interesting night last night.....I was able to listen to someone who I share many ideals with.... "Take me to the one who suffers the most." I can bear that burden with them..."Take me to the one that is most downtrodden" but where we differ is the purpose and reason why we do what we do.... I do it out of obedience to our Father, I do it so that others might know Him and through that will find eternal life and purpose for the world today....

I believe that love should be a big portion of our response to our world....but love that doesn't come through me but comes through me from Him...It isn't about me...it isn't. No matter which way the wind might blow, no matter how things end or begin....it is not about me. More of Him and less of me...to the point that I am a mere shadow shining amidst a great Light.

A shadow that will always be judged by men while I am here on this earth...a shadow that fault will always be found within. I find that my world today finds more criticism (I would say almost ten-fold) than my world of working in the hospital...and we are told that we should expect that, and I am here to testify that it is true. So, we be the peacemakers...we share love....but sometimes it may not look as the world would have it look.... I walk knowing that my judge will not be that person who heaps criticism from this world but will be from the heavenly Father...of whom I fear more.

Walk today in boldness....walk today knowing as you love in Christ's name that you will find strife....do it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment