Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 8... Papa and His Boy

At various times, I've heard them talking. Slate and his Pappa just like they always have. For hours about anything and nothing just talking together. Lately though it seems that conversation drifts to dying and heaven. Kids say the darndest things but they often say the things that we are all thinking...yet have difficulty uttering.

Are you scared of dying, Pappa? My sissy wasn't scared. She will show you what to do and where to go.

Why are you sad? You will see nanna and Taellor and I'll be there someday.

Do you think it is hot in heaven? I don't like to be sweaty sometimes.

And they talk and talk pondering what is to come.

When my mom died, I sheltered him and kept him away from what I thought I should have but when Tae died, there was no sheltering him. He was there right beside his sister as she made that journey. He knew more than I did, saw more than I and rested confidently that she was in heaven. And while he missed her, he was okay with her being there.

So when we got the call about dad, there was no question about him coming.,..about him walking this journey with us.

I love how his view of death is being shaped....not as something to fear but rather as a part of the journey towards eternity. From a young age, he has seen that death doesn't mean gone but rather transitioned to heaven. Moved not ceased to exist. Heaven is as real as the country of China to him...even though he has never visited either.

I love that. Satan would have us to shush the questions, hide behind the uncomfortable moments and shy from the unknown yet we serve the King that reveals the mysteries of this world and the hereafter...we just have tons it at His feet and listen.

Thank you for continuing to pray for "the boy".

No comments:

Post a Comment