Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 3

I love how God takes what the world might interpret as being brokenness or rather the guaranteed path towards brokenness and He uses it to build strength, sure Hope and assurance.
He takes the deaths and just as He did, over comes the finality of the grave. It is not final. It is no more final to my mom, my daughter and soon to be my father than it was for Him. Just as sure as I believe that He rose from the grave, I know they have also.

And there is joy in that.

I've struggled with the timing of this with my dad. Taking me out of the dump, the community, the cancer shelter, the brothels...during a time when we received the call to get our son...and I've wrestled with the wisdom in it all.
And God responded quickly with, "I have allowed it all."
And as I bowed my head in reverence, rebuked as a young child.

I knew. I knew that whatever He has allowed He will make good from it all. He will. He, in His infinite wisdom, understands. And that is enough for me.

And as we walk this path, as Slate described the other night, "First Nana, then sissy, now pappa. My heart can't hurt much more,". Yet, there's a place called heaven that will dry those tears and the hurt of this world will be but a distant memory.

The boy and his pappa.

No comments:

Post a Comment