Saturday, August 23, 2014

August 11, 2014..... Let's Love.

1 Peter 3:8

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another, be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

He tells us once again....to just play nice with one another. We beat each other up so well....that it has become almost second nature so that when someone actually is nice to you.....we question their motives.

I try to imagine a place where everyone is just kind....not just on the outside but on the inside, too. No stray thoughts, no unkind looks.....just loving kindness.....hence the inability to completely comprehend heaven.

I have learned here that a simple smile disarms much. Often times, I have encountered intimidating people, especially men....and a smile....me first.....changes every thing. Then they aren't ao scary.....and neither am I. It doesn't come easy to make the first step and there may be times that you might be ignored or laughed at....as adults even, yes? But the times when you break down that " false" barrier between two people to allow precious fellowship, how powerful.

Satan's wants us to be everything opposite of what God desires.... Be proud. You deserved it. Your kids deserves it. Don't call to check on them.....they didn't check on you when you were sick. Don't give him money for who knows what he might do. Let him sleep on the couch tonight for that's what he deserves......and in the process of trying to protect what is ours......we loose it all.

Will you be taken advantage of? It might seem....but possibly it is one step in the journey God has for you. I've had relationships in the past....that were drainers of my energy and time...literally drained and drained and they just kept coming....until one day I realized it wasn't them I was trying help as much as me trying to be the helper....there's a difference.

Let's love......
Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment