Sunday, January 27, 2013

Almost One Month!

It is difficult to believe that we have been here almost one month.....  In a way, it seems like we've been here much longer (we are so very settled in our new home) and in other ways it seems like the time has flown by!  Slaton has settled into his new school. Thank you for those who continue to pray on his behalf!  He has a little friend, Mateo, who they have become fast buddies.  I do believe that they are partners in crime on alot of things...but they seem to have so much fun!  Taellor is flourishing just as we knew she would.  She has been working closely with Dr. Melba, spent a week with the medical team and going with Eduardo in the children's ministry when she is able.  She is hoping to be able to do some volunteer work in the "Blue Bird" Orphanage...a Special Needs Orphanage down the street.  She has such a gift with crossing all barriers with love.  So very proud of her!  Travis has been working with Marvin and the Furia Santa guys.  One of the boys (Fidel Castro :0) graduated from the program and is doing barber work.  Travis has been getting his haircuts from him and they look wonderful. He has also been working closely with Michel, Javier and Alejandro preparing for the upcoming teams.  I have been...not sure how to put it all into words..but having quite literally the time of my life here.  Yes, it is busy. Yes, it is hot.  We still don't know the language.  BUT, it is the adventure of a lifetime! And to be able to share it with my family! I can't ask for more.  I have been spending time with all of the different ministries that Project H.O.P.E. has going year round and working with Claudia on language, team logistics (translating schedules) and working on what will become our women's ministry.  We already have Bible studies scheduled to begin in March for the girls at House of Hope and the first Wednesday in February at 4:00 at the dump in Ciudad Sandino...a place I have been praying for since I first saw the women and children foraging for food amongst the waste from the city. 

Thank you so much for the prayers and support. I will be posting at least weekly beginning in February.  Our family was given the grace of taking January to settle into our new "world"...however, we have been blessed with the ability to dabble in this wonderful ministry during this month.  If we aren't friends on Facebook, friend me at Tammy Conner Stearns.  I do daily (sometimes multiple daily) updates with pictures from the field.  (Technology is AMAZING!)

Love you all,
The Stearns

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your family and how God is using each of you! You are in my heart and my prayers!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete